Re: BTRFS dropped by RedHat

On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 11:12:46AM -0400, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> This is a pity---BTRFS features looked attractive:

Regardless of the attractiveness of btr's feature sets, the RH
annoucnement is an indication that they don't consider it supportable
for the kinds of users that fork over money for RHEL.

And FWIW, I intend to agree.  For all of btrfs's promise, in my personal
experience it fails the most basic requirement of a filesystem -- to not
eat data.  *Every* time I've experimented with btrfs, it's ended with
massive filesystem corruption.  No unclean shutdowns or other hardware
failures, and I was also just sticking to basic "give me a simple
filesystem" feature set.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^