Re: Golang in PPC64

----- Original Message -----

Unfortunately realistically(maybe more pessimistically?) speaking never.
In more details it will be available(via packaging macros/guidelines) in two cases, either Fedora ppc64 support becomes Power8+ and someone implements Cgo support for Power ABIv1 in GC (aka Golang) or in second case someone will volunteer to do initial push for switch to gcc-go(read porting,...) and will commit to do whole distro support(resolving build failures,...) for it in-definitively.
Of course you can on your own switch to gcc-go explicitly on ppc64, it should work in its way(but I haven't checked on it in a while).

> If not, is it correct to put BOTH BuildArch: noarch and ExclusiveArch:
> %{go_arches} in the arduino spec file so it will not be built for
> arches where golang is not available?

I believe this is only reasonable way Exclude/ExclusiveArch. Jan correct me if I'm wrong.

JC