Re: Approved packages that never get imported?

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:06:58 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MS> The ticket blocks FE-NEEDSPONSOR. No idea why you've approved the
> MS> review officially, setting the fedora-review+ flag without being
> MS> able to sponsor the new contributor.
>
> Because that is perfectly acceptable. It is not required for a sponsor
> to do a package review for a person who is not a packager.
>
> This may end up with people with an approved package and no ability to
> work on it, but we have a procedure for dealing with that.

Jason,

setting  fedora-review+  hides the ticket from the needsponsor tracker
queue. You've deleted that part when quoting me. Why?

> It is not required for a sponsor to do a package review for a person
> who is not a packager.

I've commented on that, but you've not quoted it. What you find
"perfectly acceptable" is broken, if the ticket is hidden somewhere
from potential sponsors.