Re: Strange situation with Wine on Fedora 27

12.07.2017 12:38 Thomas Goffin <spmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Thanks for reaction, the problem was in the duplicate:
>
>  * gstreamer1-1.12.1-1.fc27
>  * gstreamer1-1.12.0-1.fc27

Actually your duplicate was:

* gstreamer1-1.12.1-1.fc27.i686
* gstreamer1-1.12.0-1.fc27.x86_64

as you wrote:

>  > # dnf install wine ... Error: Transaction check error:
>  >   file /usr/share/doc/gstreamer1/NEWS from install of
>  > gstreamer1-1.12.1-1.fc27.i686
>  > conflicts with file from package gstreamer1-1.12.0-1.fc27.x86_64

It should be possible to install both i686 and x86_64 packages if
they were in exactly the same version. You were unlucky to try
to install wine in the transient moment when gstreamer1 was available
in two unmatching versions for i686 and x86_64. The reasons could be:
build failure for one architecture but not for another, build still
in progress, mirrors not yet synchronized. I guess the install
would be successful if you retried it today.

>  Maybe it will be a good idea to use 'installonly_limit=1' into a dnf
> configuration sometimes.

I don't think it would work. These packages were for different
(although compatible) architectures. wine is known for requiring
32-bit dependecies on x86_64 platform.

Shortly saying: everything is OK, you were unlucky.

Regards,

Rafal