Re: Using ndb in RPM

On 07/10/2017 09:16 AM, Jos Vos wrote:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 02:30:59PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

Oups, that was meant to be: On which side?
LDBM was many factors faster than SQLite.  No concrete figures,
it was a year ago or so when we decided to go for LMDB (still
a product in development...).  I had attended some talk from
Howard Chu (the author) about LMDB and knew quite soon it was
the way to go.

Could you possibly summarize what you remember about those tests? What scenario did you look at? Was the difference more like seconds vs hours, or microseconds vs milliseconds?

I don't doubt your conclusions, but I keep being impressed with sqlite---one of my little projects grew to 500MB of data, and it is chugging along snappily, to my pleasant surprise. Caveat: I am no database guru, just a casual user.