Re: Tool for generating a rootfs for foreign arch (aarch64 on x86_64, for example)?

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 3:08 AM, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to bootstrap a Fedora rootfs from x86_64 for
> aarch64 (similar to debootstrap with "debootstrap --arch arm64 <dist>
> <targetdir>"), but I can't seem to find any.
>
> I recall that we added qemu-user-static back in Fedora 24 for the
> purpose of being able to support this kind of thing, but do we have
> anything that leverages it to be able to enable this?

You can run a aarch64 emulated VM on x86_64, which won't be fast, but
you can then use anaconda install or a kickstart to install into a VM
raw disk.

We also produce (currently unsupported) raw disk images aimed at
aarch64 SBC images for F-26+ but we have some current bootloader
issues so they're very much currently aimed at people that understand
the low level bits of the bootloader/kernel for testing/fixing. IE if
you have issues or don't understand that you get to keep both pieces
(hoping to have those issues fixed RSN).

What are you trying to achieve?