Re: Tool for generating a rootfs for foreign arch (aarch64 on x86_64, for example)?

On 06/22/2017 0013Z, Neal Gompa wrote:
Yes, we do have debootstrap, but it can only build Debian-based systems. :)

I want to be able to build a Fedora based one.

Please be specific, and give a concrete example of what should change.

debootstrap takes a list of .debs and builds a root filesystem that contains them.
febootstrap takes a list of .rpms and builds a root filesystem that contains them.
In both cases the result contains some distro-specific metadata as files:
the packaging data for maintenance of the system, which is implicit
(are not files that are contained in some input .debs or .rpms.)
In the case of Debian, the "extra" info is the apt metadata.
In the case of Fedora, the "extra" info is the dnf/yum metadata.

Anything else?