Re: Rust SIG is happy to provide tools written in Rust

On 06/16/2017 11:31 AM, K. Cong wrote:
> What about rustup? I feel it's quite important for anyone working in Rust.

I think rustup is great for managing rustc versions, and I do use it
myself, but I don't think it's a good fit for system packaging.  It
wants to be interposed in your PATH with shims for rustc/cargo/etc., and
it also downloads updated toolchains itself.  This is not in the spirit
of RPM-managed software.

For my own use, I first run "rustup toolchain link system /usr" and then
"rustup default system", so I'm primarily using the versions that I'm
responsible for packaging. :)