Re: Testing request: libdb and F26 upgrades

> On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 17:57 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> wrote:
> > >
> > > The updates to -21 libdb for fc24 and fc25 have been unpushed *BEFORE* they
> > > could move to updates-testing.
> >
> > That's not true. I was just hit with -21.fc25 from updates which broke
> > dnf until I ran rpm --rebuilddb manually.
>
> I unpushed an older version which was known to have issues. We then
> pushed -21, which up until now was reported to be fine, but now I've
> seen a couple of people report issues with it :(

Sorry, sounds like I didn't read Bjorn's mail closely enough. To be
more accurate:

Indeed, at the 2017-06-01 go/no-go, one or two reports at the time were
that upgrades from f24/f25 libdb -21 to f26 with libdb -21 weren't
working. On that basis, -21 was unpushed.

However, as the week went on, we saw multiple reports from various
testers of *successful* upgrades using -21 on both ends, and the 2017-
06-08 Go/No-Go meeting concluded that actually -21 was fine and decided
to Go.

On that basis (and positive karma) I pushed -21 stable for all three
releases - this is actually required by the release process, if we're
releasing on Tuesday, the fix has to be pushed stable and mirrored out
on all three releases by then (as the bug is marked Accepted0Day /
AcceptedPreviousRelease).

Unfortunately it now seems like -21 *isn't* fine, I've seen I think
three people report RPM database issues with it so far. This puts us
kinda into uncharted territory with regards to the release and what we
should do particularly about F24 and F25. I'm gonna update the bugs and
try to talk to people about what we should do. Sorry again for the mess
with this bug, it's sure turning out to be a nightmare :(
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey