Re: retiring git-annex

Am 27.05.2017 um 15:13 schrieb Jens-Ulrik Petersen:
Hi,

I think we need to retire git-annex from Fedora (the current version is very old and has security issues), since to build current versions needs adding a lot of new Haskell dependencies to Fedora.

Currently noone has expressed interested in doing this... I plan to make a copr repo later at some point. So unless someone wants to help do a lot of package reviews, I think it is better just to retire git-annex from Fedora for now.

I will do that next week unless someone volunteers to do all the work to update.

I am writing on behalf of Ben who is on away and the Haskell SIG.

Thanks, Jens

Well, if someone would file the needed dependencies for review, I'd be happy to review them; just drop me a mail with all links to rhbz…

Cheers
  Björn