Re: Renaming binaries due to conflicts (was: Finding conflicts in /usr/bin)

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Mattia Verga <mattia.verga@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Debian guys use a README.debian file distributed with the package to provide
> end user a notice about any change in standard binary names due to
> conflicts.
>
> Do we have something similar in Fedora? What about a wiki page where to
> provide this kind of information? Something like this test page :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mattia/renamedBinariesList
>
> Do you think it worths to present this proposal to FESCo?

As a matter of convention, I've seen people use README.fedora or
README.distro or variations of that with the package name prefixed to
that, but we don't have anything particularly specific, largely
because we don't have a mechanism to force people to read those
things.