Re: Self introduction: David Carlos - Gsoc Student

> The main ideia is to monitor repositories, and when a new package or
> a new version of an existent package is released, we download the package source code,
> and run several static analyzers on it. Each monitored distribution will be a kiskadee
> plugin, that implements an interface that we will define.  The result of these
> analyses, which is parsed using the Fedora Firehose project, will be
> stored in a relational database (this idea has been discussed a while ago in the
> devel mailing lists, by the guys in the Static Analysis SIG [2]). With this
> database several analyses can be made, and by using several static analyzers we
> want to find heuristics to identify false positives (this is not part of GSoC
> though).

Having myself recently found a bug in zlib thanks to static analysis I
was a bit surprised that such a critical library wouldn't get more
"static" eyes on it.

> A similar tool exists in the Debian distribution, but it is way
> dependent on their infrastructure, and one of our objetives is to keep kiskadee
> simple, and extensible.

Naive question, but wouldn't it be interesting to piggyback on
release-monitoring.org and fedmsg for the monitoring part? And start
static analysis when notified of new upstream releases?

Interesting project all the same!

Dridi