Re: Wild changes in nsswitch.conf

On 15 May 2017 at 17:35, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tomasz, your tone is needlessly hostile. If you have a question, ask it. If you want to make a suggestion, make it. But casting aspersions on people doing work is unacceptable.

Just please read my question straight. What I've wrote it is very
simple technical question as glibc NSS code *ALWAYS* is trying to
communicate with nscd ov. socket before calling any routine from any
nss_<map> modules even if nscd is not running.
In this context implementing in sssd any caching infrastructure is
more like idiotic than well justified (technically) move.
Did anyone tested what happens in the system authenticated ov (for
example) LDAP where ncsd and sssd are running on the same system? As I
was in the past few years shadow-utils source code maintainer I know
that after each modifications files used by NSS (like passwd, shadow,
group, passwd, group, sgroup, networks and few other in /etc) is
necessary to communicate with nscd to do do cache clean.
I would be not surprised if in case enabled caching by sssd and modify
for example /etc/passwd nothing from shadow-utils will be trying to
communicate with sssd to clear its passwd map cache.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH