Re: how to handle source code from github

23.04.2017 19:23 Christopher <ctubbsii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  You can set the name of the file via the GitHub API when you download it.
>
>  For jQuery (packaged as js-jquery), I use:
>  https://github.com/jquery/jquery/archive/%{version}/jquery-%{version}.tar.gz
>
>  This will work for any GitHub project which tags released versions:
>
> https://github.com/<user-or-group>/<repo>/archive/<tag-commit-or-branch>/<preferred-file-name>.tar.gz
> [...]

I'm afraid this will not work because (according to the GitHub
repo) this project has 0 release tags. Also the archive has been
created only 23 days ago. Isn't it too early to package a project
which has not yet ever been released upstream?

Also:

> [...]
>  On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:38 AM Globe Trotter <itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx
> mailto:itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
>
> >    I am trying to package the following from github for fedora. (Actually, I
> > have been using my own RPM for years so it is hopefully not a major task).

If you say you have been using your own RPM file for this project
for years then maybe the project is not as young as this GitHub
repo suggests? Maybe it's just been imported incorrectly, without
the full history and tags, maybe it has another proper source
repo which should be used instead?

Regards,

Rafal