Re: switching libcurl back to OpenSSL and providing the libcurl-minimal subpackage

On 04/10/2017 03:52 PM, Kai Engert wrote:
On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 15:31 +0200, Kamil Dudka wrote:
Anyway, I guess we should move this discussion to some curl- or nss-related
channel...

The question remains, if it makes sense to switch back to openssl, if the
consequence is a loss in completeness of certificate trust checking.

I think OpenSSL is committed to fix their library initialization issues. This would mean that the application is free to use OpenSSL in any way it sees fit, while using libcurl at the same time.

My understanding is that this is not the case with NSS. libcurl's use of NSS and what the application does with NSS would be tightly coupled if libcurl uses NSS. Sometimes, this is desirable, but often, it is not.

Thanks,
Florian