Re: RPM boolean dependencies in Requires

Neal Gompa wrote:
> Anaconda does *not* disable weak deps. As far as I know, neither does
> Pungi in the new DNF solver mode. All tools currently assume weak deps
> don't exist, but solve with weak deps enabled.

To elaborate on this (and I know you know that, but for the other readers),
they basically solve as if Recommends were a Requires. The tools using DNF
also use the other weak deps (in particular, reverse deps) even if they
don't really understand them, the legacy ones stuck using yum just treat
Recommends as Requires (which was as much weak dep support as got hacked
into yum). The latter Recommends=Requires yum hack is why boolean deps are
now a problem also in Recommends, not just in Requires.

        Kevin Kofler