[modularity] Building modules works with a little hack

Short version:

If you want to build a module, edit your modulemd file, change "base-runtime" to "bootstrap" in dependencies, commit your change locally and continue as you would before - that means use the "build-module" script described on our documentation website [1] .

Long version:

We had some troubles recently with building our modules as the "base-runtime" module - a (build) dependency for all other modules - has been deleted from the infra. That happened because packages in the base-runtime module (which wasn't even real base-runtime, explained later) has not been tagged into any release - so Koji deleted them after 3 months. To prevent this from happening again, Factory 2.0 guys created a special tag for modularity, which basically means "Koji, please don't delete these packages". So that won't happen again.

As I said, that the base-runtime wasn't a real base-runtime. The thing called base-runtime was in fact bootstrap - a self-hosting set of packages (= they can build themselves, it's about 2700 packages) which are used as a buildroot for the real base-runtime (about 170 packages). And this module has been recreated again under the right name, bootstrap.

So to build modules the way we did before, we just need to temporary use the "bootstrap" module as a build dependency in our modulemd files instead of "base-runtime". And when the real base-runtime is out, we can switch to that later.

Enjoy builds!
Adam

[1] https://docs.pagure.org/modularity/development/building-modules/building-local.html#option-2-docker-image-and-a-helper-script

--