Re: grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
Does xmms let you search? Does it organize by genre? By album? Does it support drag and drop playlist editing?
Radio stations? Does it minimize in the notification area?

Rhythmbox just stays unresponsive for 30 mins using all CPU, not displaying any progress or letting you do anything.

I have about half your collection, and by extrapolating I can tell that
this this is a huge exaggeration on any modern machine. Furthermore
you're not supposed to be adding your entire collection every time.
You do that once, so speed is a non-issue.

My main complaint is that for me is starts leaking memory when I try
to add that many songs at once, eventually using up all system
resources, and getting killed by the OOM killer. Happens 2/3 times.
That is a bug, not normal behavior. I'll file a bugzilla some day
when I get sufficiently annoyed.

I did not even manage to import my 6000 files... rhythmbox just hang there after a while doing nothing... also there is no UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 recognition... Useless in this state..