Re: ABRT complaints

Dne 25.2.2017 v 17:04 Michael Catanzaro napsal(a):
> I'm wondering if ABRT is still actively-developed since one of the main
> developers left Red Hat recently.

Yes. It is still actively developed. You are welcome to read our blog where we post news about ABRT:
  https://abrt.github.io/

> I have a few complaints that have
> been annoying me for some time:

I understand you. There is plenty of space for improvements. However we have limited resources. And various priorities.

Our priorities for upcoming months/weeks are:
* integrate with Cockpit so sysadmin can easily see and report crashes happening on server.
* integrate with OpenShift so management node is aware of crashes in containers.
* and some tasks for RH internal ABRT server for customers.

Better heuristics for guessing sensitive data and duplicate bugs is very very non-trivial task. And we are unable to
make improvements here in matter of weeks. So please be patient or even better - send some patches.

Yet, I thank you for those 3 uses-cases, I will share them with other team members.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA