Re: What if you only want to package part of upstream?

Randy Barlow wrote:

> In working on packaging Ampache, I found a dependency that has a
> bundled version of this file:
>
> https://github.com/kazuhikoarase/qrcode-generator/blob/master/js/qrcode.js
> Is it ok to just name my source package js-qrcode-generator and package
> just the js bits of it, or do I need to name my package qrcode-
> generator? If the latter, would I be compelled to package all those
> language implementations as subpackages, or could I package just the JS
> one for now and wait to see if anyone files an issue to request the
> other languages in the future?

I'd suggest a variant of the last option.  Keep the source package as
canonical upstream name (qrcode-generator), and just generate a subpkg of
the bits you want (js-qrcode-generator) for now.  That leaves the
possibility open to include more later as needed.

-- Rex