Re: flatpak app launch script

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> I feel that launching a flatpak app from command line a bit regression
> from rpm packages. It's really different to type:
>
> $firefox
>
> or
>
> $flatpak run org.mozilla.Firefox
>
> Especially when "flatpak run org.mozilla" carries no information for
> user, they just want to launch the app and don't care if that's rpm,
> flatpak, snap or whatever. The ALT+F2 is affected too by this.
>
> And why to care about about command line anyway? I think we should
> match it with existing rpm system as much as possible.
>
> To match flatpak usability with rpm packages, can there be a launch
> script (say in /var/lib/flatpak/bin to keep it consistent) like we have
> in /usr/bin? I expect that launch script should be owned by flatpak app,
> optional.

"firefox" is not namespaced, Flatpak, for security reasons, only exports
namespaced data, so as to avoid clashes. This is one of the reasons why
you can easily install Nightly and stable versions of apps.

I think most of our users do not launch Firefox from the command-line,
and the few that do would likely know how to create a shell script.

The important thing is that clicking on links has the expected result,
launching the default browser. You can select it through "Settings ->
Details -> Default Applications".