Re: F26 Self Contained Change: Anaconda LVM RAID

Once upon a time, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> I would like the "User Experience" section to be fleshed-out a bit
> more. Currently it says "There should be no visible change for
> non-expert users. Expert users could make use of the new LVM RAID's
> features."

At a minimum, it would be nice to have a list of common tasks,
especially in a comparison format (e.g. "Replace a failed drive" with
MD and LVM commands).  Maybe this already exists somewhere and could
just be referenced.

I think one thing that's a bit of an annoyance is that LVM RAID is done
at the LV layer, so you have to remember to set it up for every LV you
create, vs. MD RAID where the whole VG will have RAID (this can be
useful in some situations, but probably not the common case).  This
should be pointed out in the release notes IMHO.

Also: does this apply to /boot partition RAID 1?  IIRC that didn't work
with LVM RAID at one time.

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>