Re: F26 System Wide Change: Kerberos KCM credential cache by default

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:57:33AM +0100, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> > == Scope ==
> > * Proposal owners:
> > SSSD developers will implement a KCM server. The krb5-libs package
> > will then switch its default from KEYRING to KCM. The libkrb5 package
> > will require the sssd-kcm subpackage and enable its socket so that the
> > KCM server is socket activated when needed. Please note that the KCM
> > server only listens on a local UNIX socket, not over the network.
>
> I'm concerned about a low-level library package like krb5-libs depending on
> a higher-level package like sssd-ksm, and possible dependency cycles it
> could create. Also, updating the default config in krb5-libs won't update
> people who have edited their krb5.conf.
>
> Could the same thing be accomplished by having sssd-ksm drop the required
> config into /etc/krb5.conf.d/, installing sssd-ksm via Workstation comps,
> and skipping the package-level dependencies entirely?

Yes, probably. Honestly, I'm not sure which of the two is preferable to
Fedora.

Shipping a configuration snippet with sssd-kcm that defaults to KCM as
the credential cache type is what I wanted to do for F-25 so that users
who are interested in testing this feature on a stable distribution
could just 'dnf install sssd-kcm'.