Re: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlcharent/0.3/iso-pub.ent"

On 01/31/2017 09:50 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 at 09:28, Julian Sikorski wrote:
Hi list,

the latest gnumeric seems to require internet access to build its
documentation. I am getting the following error [1] [2]:

failed to load external entity
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlcharent/0.3/iso-pub.ent

The build works fine in mock, but it is probably because mock has access
to internet while koji does not. Has anybody experienced something like
this, respectively knows how this can be fixed? Thank you for your
feedback in advance.

It looks like this file is included in docbook-dtds package,
so I'd add BuildRequires: docbook-dtds and patch the code to
use the local file.

The XML catalog system should take care of that automatically. No source code patching is required.

But we should really fix the documentation building toolchain in question not to download DTDs, ever. These URLs are not intended as DTD distribution mechanisms, but identifiers. If our software keeps downloading them, we participate in a distributed denial-of-service attack:

<https://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic/>

Thanks,
Florian