Re: Fedora 25 Koji buildroots broken…

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:12:59 +0100
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 01/29/2017 05:23 PM, Björn 'besser82' Esser wrote:
> > Allrighty…  Looks like the override for libglvnd somehow got
> > untagged…  Just re-tagged in f25-build…  Should be fixed now.
>
> Well, that is a fix, but the real problem is that either the new
> libglvnd enabled mesa should not be in updates-stable and thus not in
> the buildroot; or both the new libglvnd enabled mesa and the new
> libglvnd should be in updates-stable.
>
> What happened is I created an update in bodhi for
> libglvnd-0.2.999-7.gitdc16f8c.fc25 and mesa-13.0.3-3.fc25.
>
> Then airlied did an unrelated bug-fix to mesa and created an update
> in bodhi for mesa-13.0.3-4.fc25. This update did not obsolete my
> previous update, did not inherit it bugs and did not inherit the
> libglvnd package which was only in my update.

Yeah, currently bodhi doesn't obsolete if the other update is locked or
if the other update has a different packageset.

> When I noticed things both updates were in perpetual locked state,
> when they were finally unlocked airlied's update got auto-pushed to
> stable because of karma (I had auto-karma disabled on mine), so now
> we have a mesa depending on the latest libglvnd in updates-stable,
> without the latest libglvnd.

:(

> When I tried to also push my update to stable, I could not as bodhi
> complained there was a newer mesa already in stable, so I had to
> remove mesa from my update (why does it detect conflicts like this on
> push and not when someone creates a conflicting update?), loosing all
> karma??? and now it is pending for testing.
>
> Frankly I blame this whole mess on bodhi, it should not allow creating
> updates which partly obsolete other updates, there likely is a good
> reason the partly obsoleted update bundled multiple packages in one
> update; or it should allow it and then simply add all non obsoleted
> packages from the obsoleted update to the new update and obsolete the
> old one.
>
> I've had trouble with bodhi not doing proper obsoleting more often
> lately, as well as having trouble with updates which involve
> obsoleting getting in a perpetual locked state. Again frankly I've
> the feeling that bodhi has regressed and that the old bodhi was more
> stable. We really need to do better here, both with obsoleting and
> with the locked state thing.

I'll leave the above for bodhi developers to comment on.
This has always been a complicated area, but I agree we could do
better.

> Why does the admin side of bodhi not run a check to see everything is
> unlocked again once the push is complete ? That should at least catch
> the lock issue ?

It does. The "lock issue" was just because we couldn't get a
f25-updates-testing push to complete due to rpm-ostree issues. So, IMHO
it was completely right to lock those until the push finished.

I guess of your suggestions it might indeed be best to reject a new
update when there's already one in existance that it cannot obsolete
(because it's locked or has a different packageset). I'm sure that will
annoy some people, but seems cleanest to me and then allows people to
discuss and modify the in-flight update or whatever.

kevin