Re: RFC: Soname in rpm name

Mike Hearn wrote:
> If it's so unstable just statically link it. Nobody should be dynamically
> linking against very unstable libraries

I'm not really talking about my particular package here, I can deal with 4
rebuilds at the same time (actually I've already done so).
I'm trying to extract some kind of packaging policy for other libraries, on
which many more packages could depend. Soname changes happen, sometimes,
even with stable libraries. See for example the libpng mess that occured a
few years ago. Statically linking should be an exception, and I'm trying to
propose a general solution.

Aurélien
--
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." -- Steve Wozniak