Re: Laptop speakers “unavailable”, headphone jack works

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:37:26 +0100
Martin Ueding <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yesterday I noticed that the internal speakers of my ThinkPad X220
> Tablet are shown as “unavailable” in `pavucontrol`. This happens with
> either KDE and Awesome WM. Booting an older kernel did not help. The
> headphones work, however.
>
> Does anyone else have this issue? What component would I file a bug
> against? _______________________________________________

It might be a bug, but I think it is more likely to be a configuration
issue, especially if it was working previously.  Have you messed around
with any sound application during the time frame that this began?  That
is, have you perhaps inadvertently turned them off somehow?

What does aplay -l show as a device number?

Using that device number, run
alsamixer -c [device number]

Is speaker output perhaps muted?

If you can't get this working, file a bug against alsa.

PS.  This really belongs on the users list, as it has nothing to do with
development.

users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx