Re: New

On 22/01/17 01:17 AM, Sarthak Gupta wrote:
> Hi Digimer
> Thanks for your valuable advice and guidance. :D
> I am good at C programming, HTML and know the basics of MySQL. I am
> hoping to learn more through the open source. Basically I am not well
> aware of the areas where I can get started. I am ready to contribute in
> even the smallest of the things because I know it will benefit me in
> some or the other kind. Please guide me further....! :)

Your enthusiasm is great, but you really need to find your own focus.
The #1 key to success in IT, in my opinion, is to find what you have fun
doing. If you are working on a project you enjoy, you will do well
because you will be having fun, and thus stay focused in learning and
doing a good job.

So your first task is to start, even with just a vague idea, of what it
is you think you will enjoy. There are many very high level divisions in
IT. Pick one to start focusing, and see what you find.

If you are really unsure; Start with this;

1. Do you like servers, workstations or mobile the most?

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of