Re: Is there something wrong with the Koji builders?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 11:55:38AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 07:22:49 -0500 (EST)
> Charalampos Stratakis <cstratak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Python 3 started failing on i686, x86_64 and arm only.
> >
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=17313924
> >
> > The failures come from the test_socket.py [0], test_aead_aes_gcm [1]
> > and more specifically this line [2] with the message: OSError: [Errno
> > 22] Invalid argument
> >
> > This test is checking Python's interface for the kernel crypto API
> > (added in 3.6 [3]).
> >
> > [0]
> > https://hg.python.org/cpython/file/3.6/Lib/test/test_socket.py#l5473
> > [1]
> > https://hg.python.org/cpython/file/3.6/Lib/test/test_socket.py#l5472
> > [2]
> > https://hg.python.org/cpython/file/3.6/Lib/test/test_socket.py#l5497
> > [3] http://bugs.python.org/issue27744
>
> Thats nothing to do with the buildsystem. Or at least if it is, it's
> not any of the known issues I was working on.
>
> As far as I know now everything should be back to working/normal.
>
> There were 3 issues:
>
> 1. The buildvm's were updated and started crashing under load. They
> would spew oopses and finally reboot. This would result in builds on
> them getting restarted or dying in strange ways. This seems to be
> something particular to their hardware/setup that changed in later
> 4.8.x and early 4.9.x kernels. We are currently running 4.10rc4 on them
> and it's been stable (knock on wood).
>
> 2. Sometimes, very rarely dnf would fail downloading packages for the
> build root. We have worked around this by passing dnf via koji several
> mirrors where it can download from, so if it fails on one it should
> fall back to the next and so on.
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/5689
>
> 3. In some configurations (where there was more than I host to download
> from) koji would fail to download the src.rpm correctly and error out.
> We are working around this now by just pointing koji at one place for
> these downloads for now until we can get things fixed.
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/5694
>
> Sorry for all the instability the last few days.
>
> If you see any further issues like the above, let me know.

I'm still seeing quite alot of problems today - randomly the arm7 or
ppc task will just sit there in "open" status doing nothing for hours.
If I cancel & rerun the build it works fine, presumably because it hit
a different build instance.

Now I've just seen some builds which succeeded in the build phase
get marked as failed because mock throws an exception handling the
results

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/1011/17331011/mock_output.log

Finish: run
ERROR: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/libexec/mock/mock", line 885, in <module>
    raise
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mockbuild/trace_decorator.py", line 89, in trace
    result = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/libexec/mock/mock", line 704, in main
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mockbuild/trace_decorator.py", line 89, in trace
    result = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mockbuild/buildroot.py", line 545, in finalize
    self._unlock_buildroot()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mockbuild/trace_decorator.py", line 89, in trace
    result = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mockbuild/mounts.py", line 162, in umountall
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/mockbuild/trace_decorator.py", line 81, in trace
    frame = inspect.getouterframes(inspect.currentframe())[1][0]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/inspect.py", line 1441, in getouterframes
    frameinfo = (frame,) + getframeinfo(frame, context)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/inspect.py", line 1414, in getframeinfo
    lines, lnum = findsource(frame)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/inspect.py", line 804, in findsource
    if pat.match(lines[lnum]): break
IndexError: list index out of range

Regards,
Daniel