Re: Unretiring itpp

> Provided I get some guidance (or readings, account settings, ...), I
> ciuld maintain or co-maintain the package if necessary.

> Release:        0%{?dist}

First release of a package usually starts with 1 not 0:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Versioning#Release_Tag

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Requiring_Base_Package

> Requires:       pkgconfig

If there are pkgconfig .pc files included in that package, there will
be automatic Provides/Requires for pkgconfig and the inter-dependencies
as specified within the .pc files.

> Requires:       fftw-devel, atlas-devel, gcc-gfortran

You may want to make them arch-specific, too.

> %package doc
> Group:          Development/Libraries

Wrong group tag for Documentation packages, and the Group tag is not
necessary for a long time:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Tags_and_Sections

Most likely, you also want to make this subpackage "BuildArch: noarch".

> Requires:       %{name} = %{version}-%{release}

Doubtful. Keep documentation packages free of dependencies when the
included HTML documentation can be displayed and doesn't need the base
package.

> %install
> rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

Clean up of buildroot is automatic for a long time:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Tags_and_Sections

> make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT LIBDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib64

What does the LIBDIR definition achieve when you still need to move
the libs from /usr/lib later?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#File_Permissions

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines#License_Text

> %{_bindir}/%{name}-config

Needs to be checked whether it refers to /usr/lib and /usr/lib64.