Re: Want to help me package Ampache?

Le 16/01/2017 à 07:06, Randy Barlow a écrit :
> Hello Fedora devs!
>
> I recently started working on getting Ampache packaged for Fedora, and
> it turns out it is no small feat. There are two problems:
>
> 0) 5 of the packages have been abandoned upstream, and have been
> replaced with different packages that are now recommended. Ampache is
> aware of this and does intend to switch, but at this time they still
> depend on these 5 packages. Would this be a blocker to getting Ampache
> in, or can we just plan to retire these packages once upstream is able
> to use their new replacements?

I don't think this is a blocker.

Of course you can retire them when no more used by Ampache.

BTW, perhaps another way is to use bundled versions for these, to not
expose them as something "stable and maintained".

> 1) There are 34 PHP and JavaScript packages that need to be packaged
> Fedora!

Perhaps php-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx worth to be used.

I also recommend you read the SIG pages (especially the packaging tips
for autoloaders, and how we get rid of the composer autoloader)

=> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/PHP

Shawn Iwinski can probably help you on the guzzle stuff.

Remi.