Re: Proposal: Rethink Fedora multilib support

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, at 04:28 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:
> While most desktop applications have migrated to 64 bit at this point
> there are
> still many that hasn't. Steam for instance is still 32-bit afaict. So
> doing a clean
> cutover like this feel a bit to drastic to me and I am not sure we have
> the market power
> to 'force' vendors to quickly migrate to containers.
>
> Christian

Doesn't sound great to me. At work I use a lot of 32-bit prebuilt
toolchains for embedded devices. While I actually do often run them in a
container, requiring using a container feels a bit heavy weight when
most of the time I would rather not think about them as 32-bit
executables - rather just executables! This is yet another case where
being able to run 32 and 64 bit tools along side each other without
thinking too much about it makes sense!

Michael