Re: program requires SELinux policy to write to ~/.cache directory

RC> People seem to have forgotten that homes are completely out of a
RC> distro's control. They are not guaranteed to be on a local
RC> filesystem or on an SELinux-enabled filesystem and are not
RC> standardized by any standard ....

Hence the use_*_home_dirs booleans.

It's certainly a great idea to provide a security model where the home
directory can be protected.  It's also a great idea to provide a knob to
turn that off.  Fortunately we have both.

Also, with NFSv4.2, selinux works across an NFS mount.  Which was quite
a surprise when RHEL7.3 turned it on by default, but now I have selinux
labeling for home directories across NFS.  That's useful for a
relatively narrow range of situations but, again, it's something you can
disable.

 - J<