Re: Are partial upgrades expected to work in rawhide?

> On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 20:43 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> ...but to expand on that, that's for stable releases. So far as Rawhide
> is concerned, historically my understanding has been the same as
> Florian's, we haven't ever claimed that dependencies will be so
> comprehensive that you can just cherry-pick packages and be sure
> everything will work, you have always been expected to do a full system
> update each time for Rawhide.
I use rawhide on many machines and even on my laptop. I know it can break sometimes and i am fine with that. Because I have a btrfs snapshots of older working rawhide and I can try to upgrade functional version to broken version. But in this case  i need to "bisect" which upgrade caused the bug. And every time I am surprised which package cause the bug. Mostly I suspected a different package. However, if the upgrade of glibc breaks things due to missing symbols then it is really huge complication If you cannot upgrade packages with dnf and need to use rpm with URLs from koji. That's the reason why upgrade of glibc should be treated more seriously in rawhide. (IMHO)

LS