IPFS and Fedora repositories

In past days I started playing with IPFS[1] "A peer-to-peer hypermedia
protocol to make the web faster, safer, and more open."
At [2] there is a very quick explanation about how IPFS works.
The Freenode IRC channel #ipfs has more than 1000 users, so there is a
great interest in it.
By reading some articles, I noticed a nice paragraph of article [3],
that made me wonder about IPFS usage on Fedora repositories:

=================
Pinning Data to Save It

IPFS has a notion of pinning content onto your IPFS node. When you “pin”
content on your IPFS node, you’re adding the content’s hash (aka
fingerprint) to the node’s pin set. As long as you have that hash in the
node’s pin set, the node will keep a copy of the corresponding content
on your machine.

When you write your dataset into IPFS, your IPFS node will give you the
hash for that dataset. You can then pass that hash to any of your peers
and ask them to pin it on their IPFS nodes as well. As soon as you add a
hash to your IPFS node’s pin set, the node will coordinate with peers on
the IPFS network to pull a copy of the data onto your machine.
would like to hear your thoughts about what could be (in a far future)
pros and cons of hypothetical IPFS based Fedora repositories.

Thank you for your time

[1]: https://ipfs.io/
[2]: https://ipfs.io/#how
[3]: