Re: Strange koji failures

It is planned to have nodejs for EPEL on all architectures supported
by EPEL. The only reason it's not currently is due to a bug with a
package shipped with RHEL which means we either need to overrde the
defined macro or get it fix (or IMO dropoed) from the RHEL package.

>> > Honestly this is annoying misbehavior. How we can tell Koji to avoid
>> > certain builders for certain noarch packages? Wouldn't be possible
>> > to build noarch packages just on primary arch builders for
>> > example?

Define "primary arch builders" as we have primary/secondary
deliverables but architectures are x86_64 and Alternate architectures
now.

>> It is doable by using Koji channels.
>>
>> Koji has a policy which could be used to select channel automatically
>> depending on various things, like package name. For example, eclipse
>> packages are built in their own eclipse channel. See [1].
>
> I really would hate to try and update this conf for every single noarch
> package that doesn't build on all arches. It would be a lot of work and
> error prone. ;(
>
>> Packager can override channel manually when needed. When submitting
>> build, you can choose which channel to use. For example, when you want
>> the build to be ran on x86_64 you can select "livecd" channel [2],
>> which contains only x86_64 hosts. In this case the build [3] will be
>> ran on one of x86_64 builders.
>
> I don't think there's any way to do this from the koji command line is
> there?

No there's not and there's no reason to say that those channel will
remain as x86 only either.