Re: nothing provides libpython3.6m.so.1.0

On 21.12.2016 18:26, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2016-12-21 at 09:12 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 17:06:03 +0100
gil <puntogil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

from: Task info:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/7345/17017345/root.log

" Error: nothing provides libpython3.6m.so.1.0 needed by
gdb-headless-7.12-31.fc26.i686"

any ideas?

Yes. Please wait a few hours... the python3.6 rebuild tag is being
merged back into rawhide and it's taking a few to sign all the builds.

This should get fixed up after everything is signed and lands.

The timing on this seems bizarre. A mail went out yesterday with a list
of (as it said) ">200" packages which failed to build with Python
3.6...and now, before anyone gets a chance to fix any of those, we're
just going to go ahead and merge the entire side tag? Why not wait a
bit to see if we could clean up at least the more important FTBFSes?

That was me. The idea was let's just fix the remaining packages in rawhide. Because, as I was told, the side-tag should only last for two weeks max. Sorry if this was not done 100 % perfect, this was our fist attempt (all the people who done the 3.5 rebuild are doing something else now).

Now we're going to have ">200" extra dependency errors in Rawhide, and
given the amount of important stuff written in Python, I'll bet dollars
to donuts this will mean the next couple of composes are completely
broken.

:/

Guess I get to go land that python-sure update, at least...

--
Miro Hrončok