Re: future of official optical media support in Fedora

Matthew Miller wrote:
> Note "nobody argued for". A close corollary is: "Nobody said: hey, I
> depend on physical KDE optical media, so I promise to test it for each
> Fedora Alpha, Beta, and release."

That's because of the previous step of making Fedora KDE a second-class
citizen, the discontinuation of pressed KDE live media.

I really don't see why we cannot go back to doing multi-desktop pressed
media. As I understand it, they cost the same as or only marginally more
(small surcharge for dual-layer) than Workstation-only, they offer the exact
same Workstation experience, but they also give the user the other options.

That, or finally give up on pressing DVDs entirely (where EMEA has now said
for 1 or 2 releases that they'd stop doing DVDs in the next release, but
then ended up producing more Workstation DVDs each time). If you think
people will want DVDs, then do them right (multi-desktop), if you think they
won't, then don't do them.

        Kevin Kofler