Re: Start packaging/maintaining in Fedora

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 09:00:35PM +0100, Ms Sanchez wrote:

> To be honest I looked at wikis and so, but I'm still rather confused, I
> don't know really where or how to start. Why do I want to start packaging?
> Well, I want to keep contributing to Fedora but more into development. As I
> know programming languages but I'm not too experienced I think starting with
> packaging and/or maintaining something small will fit better my skills.
> Your approach  (offering a link in Gnome Software when a program is missing)
> would be great, I think.

IMHO ideally you would be packaging something that you would like to use
but is missing in Fedora. Since it seems that there is currently nothing
in this category, you could consider to help in Fedora
infrastructure/app development and then package something it that is a
dependency for a infrastructure project.

There is also FedoraReview, which is a tool that helps reviewing
packages for compliance with Fedora packaging guidelines that seems to
lack developers. This would be something where you would need to become
familiar with packaging to be able to enhance it:
https://pagure.io/FedoraReview

If you just want to package something, there is also the package
maintainers wishlist:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist

Kind regards
Till