Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

On Tue, 2016-12-13 at 18:52 +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 13/12/16 18:19, Simo Sorce wrote:

> > > It needs to be automated principally because the password is not
> > > memorable.  I assume infrastructure people would rather we don't use the
> > > least secure credentials we can.
> >
> > It is the same password you had to use every day to access services like
> > bodhi, pkgdb, fas, etc...
>
> Yes, the 16 character random one that is known to my browser's password
> manager but not to me unless I look it up. So yes I do "use" it all the
> time but only in as much as I hit the login button on my browser's
> toolbar and it sends it to the web site.

Why not use a decent login manager, that makes it easy to look up
passwords, rather than the (usually fairly bad) ones built into web
browsers?

I use lastpass, but if I was starting over I'd probably use pass:

https://www.passwordstore.org/

there are other options too. I don't find it at all difficult to go to
the (pinned) LastPass tab in my browser, type 'fedora' in the search
box to find my FAS password, and right-click / 'copy password' to copy
it to the clipboard.

For your case (working from a remote console), pass looks especially
suitable.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey