Python 3.6 in rawhide

Hello everyone,

Python 3.6 release candidate 1 is now residing in rawhide (or more specifically at f26-python3 sidetag). A lot of packages have been rebuilt
at the side tag and for the rest, a ticket for a targeted rebuild has been filled [0].

As soon as the targeted rebuild happens, I will ask for side tag merge with rawhide (hopefully by the end of the week).

If your package depends on Python 3, it is either rebuilt already or will be during the targeted rebuild (check the list at the releng ticket).

You can test your package with: koji build --scratch f26-python3 <srpm>

I would kindly ask to not try to rebuild your package at the side tag, as to avoid double changelog entries and dual release bumps.

[0] https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6559

Regards,

Charalampos Stratakis
Associate Software Engineer