Re: yubico-piv-tool & p11-kit

On 03.12.2016 13:50, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> So apparently yubico-piv-tool ships $libdir/libykpkcs11.so*, but this
> doesn't get picked up by p11-kit by default. I suspect it has gone
> unnoticed largely because for most crucial operations the opensc
> module also works with Yubikeys. However, this is not true for all
> operations (in particular, in my case, key creation).
>
> How can we make this happen? Is there some intentional reason Yubico's
> PKCS#11 module has been excluded?

p11-kit doesn't look hopefully across the whole system looking for
possible PKCS#11 modules :D

There's a drop in file that helps p11-kit find it:

https://p11-glue.freedesktop.org/doc/p11-kit/pkcs11-conf.html

Typically these drop in files are distributed along with the module in
an RPM or Deb file. So that may be your first stop for filing a bug: The
package in the distro you're using that shipped the above .so file.

Hope that makes sense,

Stef