Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

On 13/12/16 13:41, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
On 12/13/2016 03:52 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 12.12.2016 v 22:33 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):

As sgallagh noted downthread, gnome online accounts will hopefully
handle this for you soon as soon as that one bug is fixed.

That should be fixed prior such changes are pushed. If it is not, there
should be at least somebody pushing this forward.

It was an oversight, which I only discovered a few days before the flag day. A
patch was immediately worked up and was expected to be ready in time, which is
why I didn't suggest postponing the flag day.

Actually it was discussed on IRC on 20th November and I gathered a realmd log demonstrating it and it was supposed to be being looked into as I understood things at the time.

I should probably have filed a bug but at the time I wasn't sure if it was an issue with GOA or a configuration issue with the fedora kerberos servers.

And yes, there are always bumps in the road. Any time you change a major
process, there will be issues you didn't expect or plan for. This would probably
have been mitigated if basically *anyone* besides Fedora Infra and myself had
bothered to beta-test the new Kerberos environment, but as with so many of our
Bodhi updates, they never actually get tested until they make it to the "stable"
repository.

Well I tested it to the extent of trying a kinit, and experimenting with GOA as mentioned above. Beyond that I was waiting for the fedpkg etc which we had been told would be available before the flag day.

I'm not sure it was ever made clear that there were new versions available in testing, or which packages exactly from testing we would need in order to try it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/