Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:19:45PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On ti, 13 joulu 2016, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> > > I am probably missing something, but if I am not mistaken, the primary
> > > ticket depends on order of my kinit calls and I am using several apps
> > > which needs kerberos authentication, so I can hardly see how fedora
> > > packaging tools changes can solve the major issue, i.e. if I do kinit
> > > vondruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, this ticket becomes the primary ...
> > The story is always more complex than it seems.
> >
> > There is Kerberos protocol. There is also GSSAPI interface that allows
> > to wrap Kerberos use under a more general security exchange means. While
> > Kerberos tools can deal with multiple credential caches in the
> > collection only by addressing the currently selected credentials cache,
> > GSSAPI-aware applications enjoy ability to chose which credentials cache
> > from the collection to use based on the realm of the target service.
> >
> > Koji with a patch to use python-gssapi will have ability to choose the
> > credentials cache automatically based on the realm of the target
> > service, regardless of what credentials cache is active right now in the
> > collection. The version in Fedora right now (1.11.0-1.fc25) is not yet
> > built with the patch to use python-gssapi.
> A small correction: koji 1.11.0-1.fc25 does use python-requests-kerberos which
> uses python-kerberos which is using GSSAPI C library. I verified that
> koji in Fedora 25 does work with credentials cache collections and
> properly chooses the credentials cache which is not the one currently
> active.
>
> However, default Fedora 25 configuration[1] does not set the default ccache
> name to a collection, only FreeIPA client installer does this.
>
> As result, if you have no
>
> [libdefaults]
>   default_ccache_name = KEYRING:persistent:%{uid}
>
> in your krb5.conf, you are using the defaults compiled into libkrb5
> which is 'FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_%{uid}'. The latter is not a credentials
> cache _collection_ and cannot store multiple credentials from multiple
> realms.
>
> So, if you'd change default_ccache_name to a KEYRING:..-based version
> and re-logon, you'll be able to maintain multiple credentials caches at
> the same time.
>
> [1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/krb5.git/tree/krb5.conf?h=f25

Actually that's not quite right - if you look at krb5.spec you'll
see it then munges that krb5.conf to add

   default_ccache_name = KEYRING:persistent:%{uid}

so all F25 installs should get that by default - all of my fresh installs
do.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|