getentropy and getrandom coming to glibc in Fedora rawhide

glibc-2.24.90-23.fc26 in rawhide is the first version which adds getentropy and getrandom. (The ppc64 build is still running, but I assume it will complete eventually.)

The implementation resides in the new <sys/random.h> header. As this is not a POSIX header, no feature test macros are required. getentropy is intended for seeding a PRNG (such as RAND_bytes in OpenSSL). getrandom is the lower-level system call wrapper.

The implementation does not have any protection against symbol interposition because I could not get that approved upstream. We might change that before the next glibc release, but in the meantime, we need to remove all definitions of getrandom or getentropy with external linkage from applications and libraries. I'll file bugs as required.

(Otherwise, symbol interposition kicks in, and libraries such as OpenSSL or GNUTLS might not get the symbol they expect, but something else. Symbol interposition is triggered even by legacy code which does not include <sys/random.h>, merely by defining a public symbol with the name getentropy or getrandom.)

Thanks,
Florian