Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:22:06 +0000
Dave Love <d.love@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Greetings.
> >
> > As previously announced, releng has made a number of changes as
> > part of it's 2016 "flag day".
> >
> > All package maintainers will want to make sure they have updated to
> > the
> > following package versions (some may be in testing as of this
> > email):
> >
> >      python-cccolutils-1.4-1
>
> "No package python-cccolutils available." from epel-testing (6 and 7).

Odd. It was added 12 days ago.

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-aae672950a
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-96a64de312

Ah, the actual package produced is python2-cccolutils (from the
python-cccolutils package).

python2-cccolutils.x86_64                                     1.4-1.el6                                     epel-testing

> >      fedpkg-1.26-2
>
> That version isn't available, at least on RHEL6.  I haven't checked
> further.

Odd. I will inquire...

> I was happy originally to be assured that this would work for those of
> us who don't use Fedora.  Can we have an announcement if/when things
> work on RHEL6, please.

Well, it should just take the missing updates. I will try and see what
happened to them...

kevin