Re: Packagers - Flag day 2016 Important changes

On Sun, 2016-12-11 at 18:34 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> * koji and the source lookaside were changed to use kerberos
> authentication
> instead of ssl certificates. All maintainers will need to:
>
> kinit YOUR-FAS-ACCOUNTNAME@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> to get a valid kerberos TGT and be able to authenticate to koji and
> the lookaside upload cgi.
>
> See the general kerberos information at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_kerberos_authentication
> for more details.

I had some fun with this! Turns out both username and domain are case-
sensitive. I almost gave up when none of the following worked:

$ kinit catanzaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$ kinit Catanzaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$ kinit CATANZARO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This worked:

$ kinit catanzaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK great, but now it wants me to type a password, but I still don't
want to switch my FAS account to use a memorable password, so let's try
to use the gnome-online-accounts option instead! Unfortunately the
instructions on how to use gnome-online-accounts in the wiki do not
work. It shows a little error icon in the Domain box, as if to indicate
that FEDORAPROJECT.ORG is an invalid domain (but unhelpfully without
any actual tooltip or error message). Is there a known problem here?

Michael