Re: future of official optical media support in Fedora

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Mike Pinkerton <pselists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2016, at 11:22, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
>> On miércoles, 7 de diciembre de 2016 1:56:32 PM CST Mike Pinkerton wrote:
>>>

>>> I use the Server netinstall image.  Use cases include loop mounting
>>> the netinstall .iso on boxes with Grub2 -- works on remote boxes
>>> where there is no physical access and can be easier than setting up a
>>> remote PXE solution -- and burning a CD for local boxes without Grub2.
>>
>> There is the pxe iso to use boot.fedoraproject.org that would probably
>> better
>> suit your purposes.
>

> How does that work on a remote box with no physical access, no DHCP and no
> console access?

How does netinstall work on that same box?

Bigger issue as I see it, is the lack of UEFI support for BFO. None of
my hardware has BIOS firmware.

>>> Does anyone maintain a up-to-date list of the content differences
>>> between the Server and Everything netinstall discs?  Is there any
>>> difference other than in default preferences?  Is there a way to do a
>>> single disc with a choice of "give me Server defaults" or "give me
>>> Everything defaults"?
>>

>> The server netinst iso uses the server defaults, partitioning and
>> filesystem
>> selection. there is no way to do both with a single disk today. it would
>> require who knows what work, I imagine the work is possible its just not
>> an
>> option today.
>

> Aren't the server defaults just a matter of package selection?

Nope, it's part of the productimg file, which is what sets the default
package selection and also defines what is default partitioning. So
this is netinstall image specific.

--
Chris Murphy