Re: F26 System Wide Change: Fedora 26 C/C++ Compilation Flags Updates - warning

On 12/06/2016 08:27 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 12/06/2016 04:44 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

I've run into a reasonable number of failures of (custom) configure
checks due to this.  Mainly calling exit() without including stdlib.h.
So keep alert everyone.  Unfortunately this can lead to unpredictable
and perhaps hard to detect changes.

It's worse. This change contradicts autoconf's working principles.

I doubt that it's deliberate that autoconf attempts to compile invalid C code.

It
causes configure-checks to produce bogus results and to produce
mal-built packages.

These packages are unportable and will fail with other C compilers.

That said, I am vehemently opposed to this step and ask the persons in
charge to revert it.

We could probably help with identifying packages affected by this change, but after seventeen years, it's time to clean up these broken autoconf checks.

Thanks,
Florian