Re: Urgent firefox update seems to be stuck in bodhi

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 15:55:48 -0000
"Christian Stadelmann" <genodeftest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The firefox update from 50.0.0 to 50.0.2 [1] isn't being pushed to
> updates-testing or updates in F25 and F24 for more than 24 hours.
> This update is urgent because it fixes a 0-day remote code execution
> bug in SVG handling plus another critical bug in same-origin handling
> [2]. This bug has reached stable karma on 2016-12-01 11:09:59 (UTC)
> but still hasn't even landed in updates-testing. Is this update stuck
> in bodhi again as python-fuse did yesterday [3]? Then why has the F23
> package landed in updates-testing, but F24 and F25 haven't?

Short answer: We are working on it. (Which is pretty much always the
answer, it's not like we stop pushing updates to see who will notice).

Long answer:

We ran into problems a few days ago with f24-updates-testing and
f25-updates-testing pushes. The atomic composes there were failing:

https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6550

This has been tracked down to a issue in bubblewrap, which has already
been fixed.

Last night all the other updates pushes finally finished and I resumed
those two. The f24-updates-testing went out fine, but the
f25-updates-testing hit a issue with kerberos auth. Today patrick
tracked that down and fixed it and I just resumed it a bit ago.

So, with luck, the f25-updates-testing push will finish here soon, then
we can do a new push and the update will go out in that f25-updates
push and be available late tonight.

kevin